Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Check out Open Reading Frame Blog on Open Data

Here is an Open Access must read. Bill Hooker blogs about pushing the Open Access envelope in the area of Open Data. That is, making sure the raw data from a scientific study is available. Although there are many efforts for this, he discussed something I have never really considered which is trying to make sure the journals do not somehow obtain rights to the raw data (e.g., by having it placed onto their site as Supplemental Information).

He has a suggested protocol for adding an addendum to the typical copyright agreement one might make with a journal, which is, in my mind, a great first step.

So go read about it here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...